You want to be a part of a team that implements cutting-edge robotics solutions and is redefining what robotic workers can do. You can’t wait to bring your hands-on knowledge & enthusiasm to implement intelligent robots in smart digital factories.
Are you nodding?
You’re in the right place, then.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer with experience in the field of implementation of advanced automation solutions and a bit of project management to boot. A hands-on engineer with a touch for organization and cracking the whip when needed. The more experience you have, the better, but the main elements we are looking for are hunger to learn, unstoppable desire to invent, and a "work hard, play hard" mentality.
Airnamics is a young development company at the forefront of autonomous robotic systems for Industry 4.0. We are an interdisciplinary and multinational team of experts working on cutting-edge simulation technologies, AI, mechatronic systems, embedded systems, visual perception, mechanical engineering, autonomous control algorithms, and software development. So, no worries, you won’t be bored and will definitely get to broaden your technical horizons. Our offices are located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, near Dolgi most.
The projects you will be working on are a transfer of our in-house developed robotics/automation solutions to the real world - implementation on site. As with any hands-on project oriented work, the affinity for problem solving, adjusting & last minute touches, while keeping a cool head are a must. Good knowledge of technology, processes and knowing how to plan, coordinate and execute are the basis, and are crucial so we can together push the boundaries of what is possible.
You will be responsible for:
- deployment of automated solutions; which entails driving the deploy project from the point we sign off on the deal to the day we leave the keys with the client,
- making sure the implemented solutions work; which entails working with the development teams, develop & select the best solutions and ensure they work on-site (hands-on work like programming robots or fixing loose ends on site),
- coordinating activities; which entails coordination of tasks to different teams (robot programmers, mechatronics, electronics, machine design, simulation, control systems), monitor the timeline and progress activities,
- client support and coordinating maintenance on active deploys.
You should be well versed or familiar in/with:
- robotic system integration & automation (enough that you’re not shy about suggesting good practices, share ideas, as well as getting your hands 'dirty’, like programming robots or fixing loose ends on-site, independently, and consulting with coworkers),
- at least Bachelor's Degree in Mechatronics (1st Cycle Academic or professional Study Programme, 6/1 or 6/2), Electrical Engineering or other technical education, with required electrical experience,
- work organization & deployment management,
- you should have enough experience to confidently and independently carry out the responsibilities described above. Our estimate is from 3 years working experience onwards.
Bonus points (in no way a requirement, but bonus if you've heard of them):
- ROS & FlexBE,
- PLC programming,
- Ethernet, TCP/IP,
- Jira, Confluence, Omniplan & MS Project,
You should also be in pursuit of:
- having the ambition to be part of something bigger. You’ll be joining a team, where what we do is not just a job, but a mission to have a positive global impact,
- working in a team, where you are encouraged to express your ideas, views and saying it straight is most appreciated,
- working hands-on on new features, functionalities, and overall development of cutting edge products and services,
- organizing project workflows, optimizing time use, communicating with other departments and outside development partners,
- wanting to make your ideas a reality, try new things, mess up, see what sticks, and carry on with the best solution,
- are not intimidated by a blank page, but instead are motivated to fill it with your best idea(s),
- critical and objective outlook, motivated by coming up with the best possible solution for the problem at hand,
- wanting to get to know various technologies and are overall interested in developments on a broader level (robotics, electronics, programming, etc.).
What’s in it for you:
- working on cutting-edge solutions and technologies. We want to try out everything that is technologically available out there, either in the field you’ll be working on or all the areas around it. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, test what we can use for our development, and have fun while doing it,
- We pay special attention to help develop our team members' business, technical, and team competencies. Whatever area you want to develop and grow, we are right on board helping you go there,
- an office full of great team members, robots, snacks, and coffee,
- remote work and flexible working hours when you need it. Our regular ‘all-hands-on-deck hours are between 10.00 and 15.00. The hours around that are up to your sleep and life schedule.