Sr. Unity Developer / Lead of Simulations
Do you want to lead the design, build and development of a breakthrough simulation environment for autonomous robots using Unity? Do you want to help shape a digital product, create new features, while thinking outside the box and build a team that will stand by your side? We are looking for a Head of simulations development with experience in making 3D games or other 3D projects (simulations/visualizations, user interfaces) and leading teams, to join us and shape the future of our simulation environment for configuration and testing of autonomous robotic systems.
Airnamics is a young development company developing and implementing state-of-the-art robotic systems. The simulations environment is one of the more important areas in our team’s development efforts. We are an interdisciplinary team of experts focused on developing solutions in the field of industrial robotics, spanning from embedded systems, mechanical design, advanced control algorithms, as well as software development. So, no worries, you won’t be bored and will definitely get to broaden your technical horizons. Our offices are located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, near Dolgi most.
The project you will be working on is in development. The MVP is set, so the future development, functionalities and scalability are up to you to help figure out and define. You will be responsible for:
- Assessing and redefining the technical document for the product, defining the future plan for implementation,
- In later stages build a team who will help you carry out that plan, advise and consult on the best ways to solve problems and implement features using Unity,
- Designing and implementing different functionalities and translating your design and UI ideas, concepts and requirements into a functional and user friendly product,
- Ensuring cooperation, collaboration, and alignment between team members from different departments (mechanical design, robotics, control algorithms) and outside developers, defining requirements, acceptance criteria, API’s, and delivery deadlines,,
- Plan and implement product functionalities, establish effective development strategy and processes,
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks per sprint and deliver on schedule,
- Due to the early stages, things will change, sometimes quickly, and will require a firm grasp of the big picture and task prioritization,
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and guide the team to do the same,
- Overall, ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of product, identify process and product bottlenecks and bugs.
You should be well versed in/with:
- Unity and/or .NET and C# (3 years + in Unity)
- 3D math (Linear algebra)
- manipulating physics (PhysX and similar)
You should be familiar with:
- Basic Computer Science knowledge (Algorithms & data structures)
- Unity pipeline (Update loop, render pipeline..)
- Aesthetic and functional design to serve with frontend and UI development
- Agile methodologies in developing technological and digital solutions,
- Bonus points for ROS and Linux.
You should also be in pursuit of:
- Having had experience in leading small developer teams didn’t rob you of loving to get your hands dirty as well, developing new features, functionalities, and overall development of an inhouse developed solution (digital product),
- Having no problem in organizing project workflows, communicating with other departments and outside developer partners,
- Wanting to make your ideas a reality, try new things, mess up, see what sticks and carry on with the best solution,
- Are not the kind to be intimidated by a blank page, but instead are motivated to fill it with your best idea(s),
- Are interested in technologies overall and are interested in developments on a broader level (robotics, electronics, programming, etc.),
- Having the ambition to be part of something bigger. You’ll be joining a team, where what we do is not just a job, but a mission - to make it on a global scale.
What’s in it for you:
- Working on cutting edge solutions and technologies. We want to try out everything that is technologically available out there, either in the field of robotics or all the areas around it. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from it, see what we can use for our development. And have fun while doing it.
- After the initial stages of development are set, building and leading your own team.
- We pay special attention to help develop our team members' business, technical and leadership competences. Whatever area you want to develop and grow, we are right on board helping you go there.
- Competitive salary, from 3500 EUR gross onwards, depending on experience and skills.
- Office full of great team members, snacks and coffee.
- Remote work and flexible working hours when you need it. Our regular ‘all-hands-on-deck’ hours are between 10.00 and 15.00. The hours around that are up to your sleep and life schedule.