Vision Application Engineer
Do you want to help design, develop, and implement state-of-the-art vision capabilities for autonomous industrial robots? Do you want to be the savior of our robots by giving them visual perception so that they can navigate in dynamic environments, contextualize what is going on around them, and do work tasks previously only reserved for humans? Do you want to help create new products and services used globally, while thinking outside the box and create awesome innovative visual solutions?
We are looking for an experienced Vision Application Engineer that is not afraid to push the boundaries in 2D and 3D vision systems for our global robotics and automation workforce. The more experience you have, the better, but the main elements we are looking for is hunger to learn, unstoppable desire to create, and a "work hard, play hard" mentality.
Airnamics is a young development company at the cutting edge of autonomous robotic systems for Industry 4.0. We are an interdisciplinary and multinational team of experts working on simulation technologies, AI, mechatronic systems, embedded systems, visual perception, mechanical engineering, autonomous control algorithms, and software development. So, no worries, you won’t be bored and will definitely get to broaden your technical horizons. Our offices are located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, near Dolgi most.
The projects you will be working on predominantly focus on the application side of things, but also include R&D work in order to help our other teams exploit visual perception capabilities to their fullest. First principles thinking and the ability to quickly experiment, iterate, and continuously push the boundaries of what is possible is crucial if you want to thrive in our team.
You will be responsible for:
- testing out and pushing commercial off the shelf (COTS) 2D and 3D vision systems to their limits and beyond, to find out what works and what doesn’t,
- implementing vision systems in industrial deploys on our KoCo robotic workers and other Industry 4.0 applications - hands-on experience is a must,
- integrating COTS systems with our KoCo development and programming framework for robotic workers,
- using Adaptive Vision, Halcon, and other COTS software for application deployment,
- using Keyence, Cognex, and other COTS solutions to implement visual perception capabilities in Industry 4.0 applications,
- R&D project management and coordination between Airnamics and Kolektor Vision teams for mutual R&D work on our KoCo robotic worker platform.
You should also be in pursuit of:
- looking forward to working in a multidisciplinary team with short development cycles (agile methodology),
- working hands-on on new features, functionalities, and overall development of cutting edge products and services,
- organizing project workflows, optimizing time use, communicating with other departments and outside development partners,
- wanting to make your ideas a reality, try new things, mess up, see what sticks, and carry on with the best solution,
- are not intimidated by a blank page, but instead are motivated to fill it with your best idea(s),
- critical and objective outlook, motivated by coming up with the best possible solution for the problem at hand,
- wanting to get to know various technologies and are overall interested in developments on a broader level (robotics, electronics, programming, etc.),
- having an ambition to be part of something bigger. You’ll be joining a team, where what we do is not just a job, but a mission to have a positive global impact,
- working in a team, where you are encouraged to express your ideas, views and saying it straight is most appreciated.
What’s in it for you:
- working on cutting edge solutions and technologies. We want to try out everything that is technologically available out there, either in the field you’ll be working on or all the areas around it. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, test what we can use for our development, and have fun while doing it,
- We pay special attention to help develop our team members' business, technical, and team competencies. Whatever area you want to develop and grow, we are right on board helping you go there,
- competitive salary, from 3000 EUR gross onwards, depending on experience and skills,
- office full of great team members, robots, snacks, and coffee,
- remote work and flexible working hours when you need it. Our regular ‘all-hands-on-deck’ hours are between 10.00 and 15.00. The hours around that are up to your sleep and life schedule.
Note: The Corona epidemic stopped or prolonged many processes to procure work permits in Slovenia. Hence, we cannot guarantee a work permit for candidates from countries outside EU and the Balkans in a reasonable amount of time. We happily receive all applicants, but at this time, have to give priority to candidates from the EU and/or the Balkan. *hope things go back to normal fast*